The finalists for the European Seafood Exposition 2010 Prix d’Elite Awards were announced on Monday by event organizer Diversified Business Communications of Portland, Maine.
The winners will be announced at an awards reception from 6:15 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, 27 April in Auditorium 2000 Parc des Expositions in Brussels, Belgium. Awards will be presented to the best new retail and foodservice products.
The foodservice finalists are:
- Kaipara Oysters from Kaipara Oysters
- Prawn Lollipop from Dish Hospitality
- MacKnight’s Smoked Salmon Bacon from Grants Smokehouse
- Cavi-art Balsamico, Ginger, Chili, Wasabi from Jens Moller Products ApS
- Salmon Quesadillas from Pacific Andes
- Filled Tuna Tender Loin Stuffed with Dates and Bacon from Procesados Pesqueros
- Sushi Toppings from Royal Greenland
- Sashimi-grade Crystal Bay Prawns from Seafarm
- Eski Saumon from Marcel Baey
The retail finalists are:
- Claresse-Griller and Smoked Claresse from Anova Seafood BV
- Fish Mince/Ground Fish, Live Marinate Shell Microwave and Musi from Caladero
- Smoked Pangasius Fillet from Fish Smokery Gebr.Kraan BV
- Mini Casseroles and Organic Spreads from Guyader Gastronomie
- Caribbean Seabob Shrimp with Sundried Tomato and Heidema & van der Ploeg Northsea Shrimp Stock from Heiploeg Group
- Take Away de Saumon Fume d’Ecosse from JC David
- Marinated Wok Mussels and Koninklijke Prins & Dingemanse Oyster Tasting Platter from Koninklijke Prins & Dingemanse
- Langostino Austral Pelado from Krustagroup S.A.U
- Taste the World “Out of Africa” Range from Larsen Danish Seafood
- Minced Salmon, Smoked Salmon Wrap, Timbale of Smoked Salmon, Eminces de Saumon Fume a Poeler Sauce, Tandoori and 2 Flans Marins au Saumon et Crème de Brocolis from Marine Harvest
- Organic Salmon with Green Pesto Crumb from Marine Harvest Ireland
- Marky’s Caviar Butter from Markey’s Caviar
- Salmon and Cheese Samosas from Pacific Andes
- Tuna Supreme in Blue Cheese Sauce from Procesados Pesqueros
- Cedar Plank Salmon, Santa’s Christmas Prawns from Royal Greenland
- Plancha from Salm Invest S.A.
- The Saucy Fish Co. from Seachill
- Starfish Gluten Free Crispy Battered Cod from Starfish Inc.
- Farm Raised Short Nose Sturgeon Caviar from Supreme Sturgeon & Caviar Ltd.
- Crayfish with a Dijon & Dill Mayo from The Big Prawn Company
- Sushimi from Vichiunai Europe N.V.
- Oak Smoked Organic Carp from The Organic Smokehouse
- Barramundi Flame Grill from Vinh Hoan Corp.
Last year, Deutsche See GmbH’s Seasonal Fresh Fish Convenience-Salmon in a Wooden Leaf took home the best new retail product award, while Alfocan S.A.’s Crayfish Skewers won the best new foodservice award.